Metabolism rate is something that has a direct impact on your body’s standard resting energy requirement levels. When we talk about losing those extra pounds, the main aspects that help you successfully accomplish your fitness goals completely depends on your calorie intake and physical activity level. Did you know the fact that even when you are resting your body tends to burn calories in order to carry out the internal functioning of the different organs like maintaining blood circulation, muscle recovery, cell generation and much more? This counts your basic metabolic rate which is something that is not within anyone’s control.
Many people think that the metabolic rate of the body decreases which in turn lead to weight gain in the later part of life. If a person continues to follow regular exercise regimen along with proper intake of a balanced diet with the help of a qualified nutritionist who has done nutritionist course in Mumbai can prove to be helpful in improving their slow metabolism rate.
Through this post, we shall understand how your body burns calories and how professional support can prove to be beneficial for you.
How The Body Burns Calories?
There are 3 main approaches your body takes to burn calories:
- Basal metabolism rate
- Thermic Effect of Food (calories consumed to breakdown food)
- Energy utilized during physical activity
Does metabolism rate slow down with growing age?
Generally speaking, the myth behind metabolism rate becoming slow with growing age has been busted. Well, it doesn’t at all. People tend to become more lethargic and don’t do much of physical activities as required to stay healthy. However, you do lose muscle mass with an increase in the body fat percentage. As per studies, more calories are burned when your body is trying to maintain muscle mass in comparison to fat which results in a slower metabolism.
Perhaps, metabolism rate varies from person to person, and no one can give you a clarification on why your friend who eats more than you don’t gain weight but you eat lesser they still tend to gain weight. You can consider taking the suggestion of qualified nutritionist who has done nutritionist course in Mumbai.
How To Maintain A Good Metabolism With Growing Age?
Here are some tips that can help you maintain a good metabolism rate even with the growing age:
- Stay physically active- You need to come out of your comfort zone and try to stay more physically active by working out at least for an hour or more for 4 to 5 days in a week.
- Gain muscle mass with strength-training workouts. When you try to gain more muscle mass, your growing muscle will burn more restored fat to repair and increase in size.
- Avoid fad diets: Extreme weight loss due to fat dieting actually leads to fat restoration and leads to lower metabolic rate. Hence, you should work in close cooperation of a personal trainer who has done certification in nutritionist course in Mumbai to understand how to eat a balanced diet while building muscle mass.