If you are thinking of starting a pet care business soon, dog grooming or training services are good options. You know why? The proof that these are lucrative ventures is that are 103,000 dog grooming business currently operating and uses a dog grooming business software USA version. Also, over 70 percent of US households are pet owners. They treat their dogs as family and provide everything they need. However, most of them are busy, so they need someone to do the job and ensure that their fur babies will get the best care even if they are away.
Dog grooming and training businesses are the most prominent pet business in the US today. They offer every dog’s necessary needs and ensure that they will provide superb service using dog business software. The grooming salon services include bathing, dental care, nail care, and overall wellness. At the same time, dog training services offer behavior training in a safe, convenient, and appropriate place to train their dogs. You can choose one from grooming or training, better yet you can provide both.
Dog Grooming Business with the Dog Grooming Business Software
As for the dog grooming business, you need facilities, staff, tools, and dog business software to help you manage all your assets and resources. And speaking of tools, you need high-quality tools to ensure that you can cater to every dog that pops in your door.
Below are the standard dog grooming tools you should buy before opening your dog grooming salon.
1. A heavy-duty stainless-steel grooming table with arm – this tool is essential for comfortable drying and brushing of dogs’ fur.
2. Dog Shower Attachment – this is for more convenient bathing of dogs that allow the groomer to hold it one hand and use the other hand scrubbing.
3. Pet Grooming Dryer – this one is used to dry the dog’s fur faster and easier.
4. Ear and Eye Cleaning Tools – dogs have sensitive eyes and ears, so you should ensure that you have these in your salon to cater to those needs.
5. Dog Nail Grinder – this tool is for nail care and an alternative solution for dogs who are not big fans of clippers.
6. Straight Shears – this tool is for cutting and styling the dogs’ fur.
7. Brush and Comb – the primary purposes for both are removing debris, mats/knots, and loose hair while stimulating hair follicles.
Dog Training Business with the Best Dog Training Business Software
For dog training services, you also need a facility, staff, tool, and most importantly, business software for dog trainers. The software allows you to accept customers online, manage the training classes efficiently, and record the pet and owner’s information on the system for quick tracking.
Here are the essential tools that a dog trainer need.
- Clicker – this tool is for marking the desired behavior, both in response to a cue and when it occurs naturally.
- Target stick – helps in basic teaching behaviors
- Treats – give dogs treats to keep them motivated
- Portable mat – provides a safe place for a dog to settle in.
- Leashes – trainers use this to stay the dog close to them.
- Collar and harness – this one is for controlling the dogs’ movements.
- Longline – used for behavior training such as long-distance stays.
- Barriers – this is useful for containing a dog in house training or chewing management.
Get Ahead of Your Competition Using the Dog Business Software!
There are numerous pet care services, such as daycare, boarding, walking, and sitting. And whatever you will choose, ensure that you take a powerful dog training business software with you. The software not only takes your training services to another level but caters to any pet care business needs.