When you wish to fish or camp outdoors, the first thing on your list must be a hunting tent. There are many types of tents in the market, so why should you consider a hunting tent? Well, once you read this article, you will be convinced that hunting tents will make your trip much more enjoyable. This is simply because hunting tents are among the roomiest and the comfiest tents that you can ever buy. In case you are still unable to make up your mind, here are the top 4 reasons why a hunting tent must be on your camping list.
Reasons for getting a hunting tent:
- Roomy: A hunting tent will give you much more room space than a regular dome sized tent form your average department store. The floor space and your headroom will be two to three times the size of a regular tent. This means that you will have more space for your activities. You can fit all your friends with extra gear.
- Comfort: The idea of a cramped sleeping space with each of you sleeping over the other is not a fairy picture. The extra space will give you a good level of comfort with warmth. There is certainly nothing better a comfy tent to sleep in after a day’s hike.
- Long-lasting: Your department store alternative to a hunting tent will certainly not survive harsh weather conditions. A hunting tent made from polyester will surely last longer than a regular tent. It will not fall apart within a year or two of use. This means that you will save your wallet from being stripped often for tents.
You will find that there are many reasons why you must get a hunting tent over a regular tent. If you will Google more information about this, you will find that people who go camping often prefer hunting tents to regular tents. But all the reviews apart, you will not realize the importance of hunting tents unless you buy one. Here is what you must look for while purchasing a hunting tent.
What to look for in a hunting tent:
- The fly: It is a cover that will keep your tent waterproof. This means that even on the wettest days your tent will keep you warm away from the wind.
- Vestibule: It is the area between the tent and the fly. It is weather protected and can be used to store your gear. The area will be under a cover but placed outside the tent.
- Ground cloth: Simply put, it is the material that you can put between the ground and the floor of your tent.
- Single-layer tents: Single layer tents do not require a fly as they are waterproof by themselves. It has been engineered in such a way that you will be protected from snow and rain. This is because there is very little or almost no ventilation.
- Double layer tents: These tents have mesh panels that are not waterproof. The fly ensures that the tent is weathertight.
- 3 season: These tents are designed in such a way that they can be used in summer, spring, and fall. It is light and not very durable.
- Stakes: Stakes are used to ensure that the tent stays on the ground. It keeps the fly and the tent taut to prevent leakage.
- Guy lines: It is the rope lengths that run from the stakes fixed on the ground to any stable object that will help in keeping the tent stable.
- If you want a tent that is lightweight and weather resistant while being easy to carry, you can ask for a hunting tent. It must be either polyester or a combination with nylon. This will ensure that your tent does not rot due to wet and damp weather conditions.
Now that we have covered all that you need to know about tents, you must choose the hunting tent that fulfills your needs. There are many models available in the market. If you are confused about your choice, then fret not. Head straight over to White Duck Outdoors. They have a wide range of quality hunting tents for you to choose from. They are highly durable and worth every penny!
Olivia Wilson is a digital nomad and founder of Todays Past. She travels the world while freelancing & blogging. She has over 5 years of experience in the field with multiple awards. She enjoys pie, as should all right-thinking people.