Most modern business owners know just how beneficial social media platforms can be. You can use these networks to get both paid and organic traffic and gain more recognition for your brand. Most businesses invest in well-known platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn, but there are other social media networks out there. Pinterest has a lot of untapped potential and can be a great investment for businesses.
What is Pinterest?
At its core, Pinterest is a discovery platform that allows users to explore different ideas, products, and information. You can pin almost everything in Pinterest and organize the information into boards. The platform has more than 291 million active users and its user base is only going to grow further. Pinterest is a very visual platform so images play a key role in the success of a post.
Users can share their interests and knowledge with their followers and gain more information from boards made by other users. Pinterest is more focused on ideas than brands or particular products, which means users often discover new alternatives platform regularly. That makes Pinterest the ideal launch pad for different types of businesses.
Benefits of Business Professional Pinterest
Doing business on Pinterest is a great way to reach big spenders. According to research, users from Pinterest typically spend twice the amount that users from Facebook spend. Pinterest has less competition and higher reach. It also has a great advertisement platform that can help you get your content on other people’s timeline. The ads on this platform are subtle and don’t intrude on user experience, which makes them more effective.
How To Grow Your Business With Pinterest?
Now that you understand the benefits of Pinterest, it is time to consider using this platform for growth. The best part is that your business profile will essentially run itself once you have set it up correctly. Here’s what you need to do:
- Create An Account – The first step is to create a dedicated account for your business. It is never a good idea to mix business and personal social media accounts, even on platforms like Pinterest where you can make some pins private. Create an account that is a good representation of your brand to ensure success.
- Choose the Right Display Name – You need to make sure the display name represents your brand but also states its purpose. Pinterest users search for ideas instead of brands and products. That’s why you need to include the brand idea into your display name. For example, if you’re a fashion boutique and your company’s name is ‘Blossom,’ make sure your display name has Blossom – Fashion Boutique. This will ensure you show up in more searches.
- Profile Image – A great profile image will attract more users. You need to choose one that represents your brand well. People respond better to faces than to logos so you should add a face to your profile if you’re a single professional. Businesses can use their logos because a face might not make sense for the branding. Make sure the profile image is striking and colorful.
- About Section – Your About section is the primary source of information about your company. It is important to make sure it is optimized and showcases your brand in the best possible light.
- Featured Boards – Pinterest allows you to showcase five boards on the profile that are an accurate representation of what you have to offer. Take time to choose the boards carefully and make sure they’re all connected to your brand and products in some way.
Once you have the basics set up, you can start pinning content on a regular schedule and keep your target audiences engaged.