IIT-JEE is one difficult competitive exam that students aiming to pursue engineering from top colleges need to crack.
But clearing the exam with flying colors is not at all easy. The syllabus of the exam is vast, adding another dimension to its difficulty level.
Students presently preparing for the exam know how much hard work, consistency, and dedication are required to score higher marks. That’s why most students start their exam preparation right from class 9.
The benefits of paving the path to IIT-JEE from class 9 are that you get enough time to concrete your basics, cover the entire syllabus, and understand every concept clearly to score better.
The foundation for PCM (Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics) is laid in classes 11 and 12, but the ground for the same is prepared in classes 9 and 10. These classes contain the basic syllabus of the subjects that help you simplify the process of learning complex topics.
Most people will say that it’s difficult to learn the class 11 syllabus in class 9, but this is not the case. If you take a look at the syllabus, you will find some of the important topics like Trigonometry, the periodic table, Newton’s Law you have to learn in class 9 and 10. The only difference is that in higher classes, you have to study the topics in more detail. Therefore, it is always a good thing to start preparing for the JEE with the help of the best books for CBSE Class 9 and Class 10.
Why prepare for JEE from Class 9?
If you are still stuck on the thought of why to prepare for the JEE exam from class 9, then here are some points that will help you understand.
- By strategizing your study plan for JEE from class 9, you get an edge over your peers and fellow students. While they will find it challenging to understand the initial and complex concepts, it will be easier for you to solve harder problems.
- If you start JEE preparation from class 9, then you will have 4 years to concrete your basics and learn topics that will help you score well and open the gates of the top engineering institutions for you.
- Starting your preparation does not mean that you will have to stop having fun. Make a time-table and allot study sessions along with giving enough time to fun activities.
- Preparing for JEE will also prepare you for other competitive exams like NTSE and Olympiads.
The best books for CBSE Class 9 you can refer to:
- New Era Biology Class IX by Dr. Mukesh Kumar
- New Era Mathematics Class IX by Rashmi Sagar and Anupal Sagar
- New Era Science Part-I Physics Class IX by Dr. Pramod Agarwal
- New Era Science Part-II Chemistry Class IX by Satinder Malhotra
- New Era Science Practical Class IX(With Record Book) by Gupta/Malhotra/Kumar
You can continue your JEE preparation in the subsequent class by getting the best books for CBSE class 10, which are as follows:
- New Era Biology Class X by Dr. Mukesh Kumar
- New Era Science Part-I Physics Class X by Dr. Pramod Agarwal
- New Era Science Part-II Chemistry Class X by Satinder Malhotra
- New Era Science Practical Class X( With Record Book) by Gupta/Malhotra/Kumar
Tips for studying well for JEE from class 9
For class 9 students, the JEE exam is quite far, and at the same time, quite tricky too. Therefore, to ensure success in the exam, they must create an effective study plan. But don’t pressurize yourself to study 10-12 hours a day. Make a time-table that gives you enough time to study as well as relax.
Here are some tips you can follow for effective preparation for JEE:
Get the basics clear
Start your preparation by getting the basics clear. With a precise understanding of every topic in the initial grades, you can solve tricky problems on the go. This will not only help you score higher marks in the JEE exam but also in 10th and 12th board exams. Reach out to your teachers or seniors to clear doubts and understand topics that seem complex. Don’t skip any topic as the same may trouble you in the next classes.
Practice solving problems within the right time
The way to score higher marks in JEE is by solving problems within an accurate time frame. This thing will come by practice. Therefore, try to solve more problems within a fixed time to enhance your skills and crack the toughest exam of JEE.
Find your strengths and weaknesses
Find what are your strengths and weaknesses while preparing for the JEE subjects. Make a note of topics you feel difficult to understand and seek help from teachers and seniors. Work on your weaknesses so that nothing comes between you and the engineering college you want to grab a seat in.
Note down important points
While preparing for the subjects like physics, chemistry, and mathematics, note down important points, concepts, definitions, and formulas. This will get you all the crucial topics from each subject noted down in a single place for a faster revision.
IIT JEE is one of the crucial milestones in a student’s life who wants to have a successful career in the engineering field. Preparing for such a competitive exam from class 9 will help you cover the vast syllabi and develop a clear understanding of every topic. With such a preparation level, the chances of clearing the exam will be the highest. Get the best books for CBSE class 9, including the physics book for class 9 CBSE, and pave your path to one of the IITs.