An NVR is a Network Video Recorder and experts often consider it a much better alternative to regular DVR for security. Most people assume that NVR is sophisticated hardware, but it is actually a software program embedded in a technology similar to a DVR. There’s in-built storage, a processing unit to handle the information, and an operating system to provide users with complete control of the hardware. In this article, we explore the benefits of NVR:
Why is NVR The Better Option?
Many security experts recommend NVR over traditional DVRs because it can easily become a part of a sophisticated security system. Here’s a look at some of the biggest advantages of this device:
- Connected to Multiple Cameras – It is possible to connect multiple cameras and feeds to the NVR. It can process all of the data and allow users to manipulate it according to their liking. For example, you can have a system of multiple DS 2CD2385G1 I 2.8 MM cameras and connect them to the same NVR device. The multiple feeds can help you monitor all aspects of the property.
- Processing Images Directly – The system processes all images and recordings in the camera itself before transporting the recording to the NVR. This improves the overall image quality and processing speed. DVR devices process the images in the recorder which means some image data is lost while it is being transported from the camera to the device. That compromises the quality of the image.
- Wireless – Many modern security systems are wireless and can be accessed remotely with the help of an authorized program. DVR systems are always wired and the signal can be compromised if the wires are easy to access. NVR is completely wireless so it is more difficult for criminals to get around the system.
- IP Cameras – The NVR devices only work with IP cameras. These cameras have an in-built chip that can process all of the images in the device itself and then transport the information to the device. These cameras can record both image and audio, which can help with security concerns. Most IP cameras also come with smart technology that can help with facial recognition.
- Easier Installation – NVR systems are easier to operate and use, which can help if you need to install multiple devices as a part of a sophisticated system. The NVR system is also very flexible and adapt to almost any security requirement.
You can only enjoy these advantages if you have a good NVR system. Hikvision’s DS-7716NI-I4/16P is reliable, sophisticated, and packaged full of great features. It can support up to 12 MP cameras and 4 SATA interfaces.
Related Article : What Are the Features You Should Look For In a CCTV Camera?
If you’re uncertain about whether an NVR or DVR is the right choice for you, don’t hesitate to consult with an experienced expert in the field. They will offer straightforward advice after take your particular requirements and preferences into account. Consulting a security professional before installing a system is always a good idea.