The drug rehabilitation process and the overall procedure of the treatment is used to help the addicted individuals to stop compulsive drug seeking. The treatment process lasts for various lengths of time. It can take different forms and usually takes place in a heterogeneous setting.
It has been estimated that one out of every adult individual in the United States of America has done substance abuse at any one point of their lives. Today addiction is considered as a personal disease. This is due to the fact that so many people have been affected by drugs at different levels. Therefore medical practitioners have stated that individual and specialised treatment is required to combat addiction. Outpatient drug and alcohol rehab orange county has a number of specialized facilities to treat addiction and substance abuse in U.S.A.
Drug addiction is a chronic disease that is distinguished by occasional relapses. Therefore doctors do not encourage any kind of one time or short term treatment. Treatment consequently involves regular monitoring and multiple interventions.
Drug rehabs mostly fall under two categories, namely outpatient and inpatient programs.
The outpatient drug and alcohol rehab orange county offers several flexible programs compared to the inpatient ones. The major advantage of going through an outpatient program is that the individuals can continue with their school, work or family or any other obligations when required. Outpatient facilities are extended to those individuals whose severity of substance abuse is not as high as others. Therefore they do not require the same level of heightened care.
Outpatient programs are provided in diverse settings right from community centres to hospitals. It is also provided in specialized drug rehab facilities like the outpatient drug and alcohol rehab orange county as well as in the working place of the treatment providers. The therapies included in the outpatient programs are as follows:
- Cognitive behavioral therapy- Through this program individuals will explore the connection between behaviour and thoughts. They are required to improve their negative patterns of behaviour and modify their thinking process. It is during this method that the relapse prevention and coping strategies are addressed.
- Motivational Interviewing- Motivational interviewing is a non judgemental and person centred program that helps people to make changes for themselves. The therapy aims to reduce any sort of uncertainty towards recovery and treatment.
- Contingency management- This method even offers small recompense for remaining drug free as an incentive to remain abstinent.
- Intensive family systemic therapy- This particular form of therapy can be fulfilled within a weekend. This involves the entire family to improve the level of communication with the patients.
The very first part of alcohol recovery is treating the alcohol out of the addicted individual’s system. Individuals with severe alcohol craving can experience an extreme withdrawal system. Alcohol detox under supervision is strictly necessary for the people addicted to alcohol to prevent fatal complications.
In order to commence the treatment process a person should first be aware of his condition and aim to quit drinking. It is very important for an alcohol addict to acknowledge the fact that his habit of drinking has become an issue. Before you start your treatment at the outpatient drug and alcohol rehab orange county you can watch out for the following warning signs:
- Frequent binge drinking
- Poor productivity in work or school
- Lack of interests in hobbies
- Perpetual mood swings
There are a number of factors that play a pivotal role during the treatment process. Factors like support system, medical history as well as personal motivation all play a part in the success of your recovery. You must make sure that the treatment you undergo should be supervised by an expert band of medical specialists at a rehab facility. There is no perfect time to visit and start your treatment at outpatient drug and alcohol rehab orange county. They are always serving your needs.