The accident happens daily. The reasons are so many. But it is important that you have some kind of insurance. As paying charges is not possible for everyone. Road traffic accident claim is not as simple as many thinks. There is so much information you have to provide to claim the money. We are here not just talking about car accidents. Bikers, pedestrians, cyclists, and even passengers can claim if they can prove that it wasn’t their fault.
As we talked above the reasons for accidents are so many, here we will discuss those reasons.
- Most accidents happen because of negligence. People use phones while driving or walking on the street. Some times they are busy eating or trying to change the music. There are many who drive drunk too.
- The harsh weather also causes accidents. There are times when it’s raining hard or there is a lot of fog on the road that leads you in an accident.
- The next reason is the lack of traffic signs or when people deliberately don’t follow signs.
- Bumpy roads also cause accidents. As people aren’t able to notice the potholes and later find themselves in a difficult situation.
- Another reason is when something went wrong in your car. Like the failure of breaks or tire burst.
What to do to claim if you involve in an accident?
When you are involved in an accident, in the beginning, it is difficult for you to understand the scenario, as you are in shock. But you must stay in your senses and notice some things. Such as:
- Always take pictures of an accident. It is essential as it is proof and will help you in making claim.
- Share important information from someone. The information included names, addresses, car registration and things like that.
- Notice another party too that is involved in an accident. Keep in mind their car color, the damage and the year.
- If there is a person around who is the witness of a situation, take some vital information from them too.
- Don’t discuss much on the spot. Like telling people whose fault is this and how you are going to take action.
- Always inform the police and file a report. So, in case something happens you don’t have to face the issue.
- Get in touch with your insurance company without a minute delay.
Accident claim road traffic is only made after an accident. Visit a doctor so able to get to know what injuries you are suffering from, so it becomes useful when you make a claim. There are companies that assist claiming. They collect evidence to prove that it was not your fault.
- You also have to provide a document from a hospital, so the company gets to know what injuries you suffer from. It helps them to get an idea of how much money you spend. If because of the accident you unable to go to your job or face other loss it will include in that too. All of this determines the amount you deserve to get. The other steps you must have to follow for road traffic accident claim process are:
- Contact with road accident solicitor lawyer, so that they can handle the claim.
- Give all your personal information as tell above like address, name, cell numbers and so on.
- All the details also need to present, as it is the only evidence that qualifies you for the claim.
- The copy of the report you file in a police station and the report that is given from the doctor must be presented too.
- Provide the information about the party too that is involved in an accident and even the name of witnesses.