Water is a source of living and 70% of the earth is just water. However, water in unwanted places is hazardous. Rainwater, flood water or any leakage from the water tank inside your house or building, can damage your walls, drywalls, ceilings, and windows, etc.
Water stored in walls creates an environment for mold and algae to grow. Therefore it is important to look for regular water damage in your house and maintain its cleanliness.
Follow the tips to minimize the water damage cleaning service and repairing services inside your house or building.
- Disconnection: In case you have water seeping through your home, its important to first unplug any electrical cables, turn off the power of TV, AC, fridge, and chargers, etc. As water catches electricity easily and spread in no time.
- Movable: Second, move the objects like sofas, carpets, tables, and beddings, etc as they can soak too much of water and takes time to dry. Once the heavy material removed there will be enough space for water to spill out from that area.
- Get Rid Of: Remove the leftover water with the help of buckets or dry towels. If you have a drainage sewer in your house or surroundings, try to make way for water.
“Note: while getting rid of water, take care not to keep in shops or buildings that are away from unwanted water.”
- Drying: After you have mopped out all the water it is necessary to dry out the affected area. The moisture contained walls and floors are the perfect homes for mold to grow. If mold starts growing it can destroy walls and floors too quickly. Use table fans or vacuum pumps to dry out the walls after the cleaning as soon as possible.
- Replace & remove: If you have installed drywall in your home, cut off the area that was crumbled, as it will become home to bacteria.
- Disinfect: Once the walls, drywalls, windows, and wood, etc are dried out. Use a disinfectant in every nook and cranny of your house. Spray disinfectant is easy to use and kills bacteria as soon as it enters into their environment.
- Prevention: Use a disinfectant that is non-toxic and made with distilled water. Make a habit of using a disinfectant regularly if you have unwanted water or not. Because it takes time to identify water damage and repair it.
- Dispose of: Throwing out your favorite damaged stuff can be heartbroken and a headache too. Avoid piling up and throwing your stuff into the local area. Call a company in your town area that has waste management and recycling facilities.
- Expert: If the situation is out of your control then call for water repairing companies that have a minimum of 5 years of experience in this cleaning and repairing services.
- Cost: The cost of water damage cleaning and repairing depends on the area to area and town to town. You can not predict the cost of your repairing services, but be sure to entrust your work to those who do not take advantage of your tragedy.
Do not panic when unwanted water enters your home in any way, such as floods, lakes or intermittent leaks. Try to avoid the area where the water level is up to your neck or have any electric cables. Do not hesitate to seek the help of neighbors and call specialists who are near your area and provide emergency services at affordable rates.