You must be wondering about the circumstances that can arise if you are pregnant and you have fever. First because during pregnancy it is hard to determine since the body of a pregnant lady is generally a bit hotter than normal times. And if you are having fever then you are going to worry if your baby will be okay. A fever during pregnancy is often a symptom of an underlying condition that could potentially be harmful to your growing baby. So you must consult immediately with your doctor before taking any heavy medication.
Know more about the reasons of fever caused while you are pregnant:
- So first and foremost if an expectant mother’s body temperature goes from 98.6 degrees to a fever then obviously it speaks volume of a sign that she is fighting an infection. That’s why it is essential and also recommended to seek treatment right away when you are having Fever in pregnancy.
- Secondly when you are pregnant in your pregnancy period it can sometimes be a little difficult to tell whether you are running a fever or just running a little hot. The hormonal swings and your baby to be radiating heat as she grows in a mother which makes the body temperature of a pregnant woman a bit higher generally than of a normal person.
- Also thirdly know that when it comes to fever, the numbers on your thermometer indicate the severity of your symptoms. Generally, the rule is the same during pregnancy too. There is mostly no major change in the general rules. So there is also nothing very serious to get stressed about. Because if not the fever the stress surely can make you get into trouble for yourself and for your child too.
- Fourthly if have Fever when pregnant then it is probably for the same reasons you get a fever when you are not expecting too. Like the temperature, the reasons too do not vary much either.
- But also the point to note here for a fact is that you are probably morelikely to suffer from common viral infections like the flu or colds while you are pregnant. And here vaccines can help you gain a greater immunity.
- You are more likely to catch cold or fever because your immune system is suppressed in order to protect your fetus.
- Also sometimes fevers may be the result of a benign viral infection like a cold, while higher fevers may be a symptom of the flu.
- What we should be more concerned is the fact that Sometimes, a fever can be caused by a bacterial infection. In those cases you cannot take it that lightly because that requires antibiotics.
- Also On a completely different note, pregnant women should avoid eating raw meat and fish which can also cause a high fever. So that is like a big no no during those months of pregnancy.
Also it is known to us that your doctor is your true friend and your guide when you are pregnant. You should always keep that in mind.
Hi, I’m Chris Morgan. I’m very passionate about my work. Even I’m very fond of blogging as it enhances my knowledge about the various aspect of the internet.