Underground facilities like pipelines, cables, etc., are a great way to provide utilities to people without occupying too much space. But, these things are prone to many issues like corrosion, aging, or damage due to natural forces. Hence, maintenance and repair of these things must be carried out periodically. This is easier said than done. Conventional methods of excavation take a lot of time, money, and effort. Professional daylight excavation services in Lac la Biche are just the solution to this problem.
What exactly is daylight excavation?
This is a process to expose the underground facilities, both industrial and residential, to sunlight. This is done to assess their location and depth accurately, so when a full excavation is carried out, it can be done without damaging these facilities. Daylighting is also done to pinpoint any leaks or damages.
How is daylighting carried out? First, the location of underground facilities is estimated. Then, good daylight excavation services in Lac la Biche make the use of Hydrovac excavation. Hydrovac uses highly pressurized water to loosen the soil, which is then sucked by a vacuum. This creates a clearing in the area through which sunlight falls on the exposed underground facilities.
Why choose hydrovac excavation over other conventional methods?
Traditional methods of daylighting:
- By the use of a track hoe. It is a piece of big and heavy equipment with a bucket attached to a tracked tractor. Since the digging bucket is large, there is a very high risk of facilities getting damaged as the bucket moves much more dirt than is required.
- By manual digging. Manual digging an area is a very time and effort consuming process. Due to the intense manual labor, there is also a risk of injuries.
Among these, Hydrovac excavation is the most cost-effective, fast, and safe method. Professional daylight excavation services in Lac la Biche can carry out the process of daylighting rapidly, accurately, and efficiently.
Why use daylighting excavation services in St. Paul
As mentioned above, underground facilities are prone to many issues. There are countless benefits why daylighting these facilities must be done periodically. Some of the reasons:
- To assess their maintenance needs. Maintenance will slow down the aging of the facilities and increase their longevity.
- If a big excavation is planned around the area where the pipelines and cables have been laid. Daylighting them will help you locate them accurately. This will help you avoid damaging them when the excavation is being carried out.
- If you suspect a leak or some other issues, you can use daylighting to examine these and see where the problem originates. This makes repairing faster since you will not have to excavate the whole area to find a small leak.
So you can see how professional daylighting excavation services in St. Paul can not only help you fix a lot of problems but avoid them too.