An autoclave is an indispensable unit of clinics, lab, nursing home, hospitals, etc. It carries importance due to its varied uses to disinfect and sterilize several surgical and clinical instruments which are reused in daily chores.
The instruments and even the clothing used once can only be reused after sterilization at the proper temperature. The temperature level is regulated as per the components and the components can be of metal, fiber, plastic, polypropylene, glass, pyrex, etc.
An autoclave is a useful unit of a health care industry, hence it requires regular maintenance. The wearing and tearing of the autoclave will be faster affecting its longevity, leading to the corrosion of the sterilizer.
How to Take Care of Autoclave
An autoclave is used intensively, therefore, it is advised to use autoclave cleaner to clean after every 20 cycles of sterilization or once a week. It operates with de-ionized water and with regular use, water deposits build up and scaling is a common phenomenon in the reservoir, chamber, and tubes.
Proper Cleaning Regimen to Follow
- It is always beneficial to take good care of the gadgets to scale up its longevity. It is used frequently in a day, daily care is advised to maintain the efficacy of the machine. Care should be taken of the different instruments that are put into an autoclave for sterilization. It should be thoroughly clean with no signs of debris, blood or organic tissues, else it might affect the machine. Use an ultrasonic cleaner to clean autoclave.
- Always use de-ionized or demineralized water, water with mineral contents will certainly prove dangerous for the heating unit of the machine. Minerals calcify on the heater, chamber, and tubes and might cause irreversible damage to the autoclave sterilizer.
- Changing the gasket from time to time will enhance the autoclave output. It should be checked that it fits well and there is no wear and tear. Due to high pressure and temperature, the gasket gets damaged so the condition should be checked periodically. Leakage will affect the sterilization process.
Different autoclave cleaners of reputed brands are available, you can purchase for the cleaning procedure of the autoclave. The brand recommends the best autoclave cleaner to use.
What is Autoclave Label & its Properties
Autoclave label comes in of different varieties to use in the autoclave sterilization process. It is widely used to identify the articles in the autoclave. The label is heat resistant and can withstand the rigors of high temperature without any wear and tear. It can be used for multiple times. It comes with good adhesion and it remains intact even after going under the sterilization procedure. The labels are so designed that they can withstand erratic temperature and is resistant to detergents. Durable labels that support handwritten inks. Easy to peel off without any remains of residue on the sterilized unit. Color changing labels which denote that it has undergone the sterilization process.
Types of Autoclave Label
Autoclave label is labeling ideal for use on glassware, plastic, steel, pipettes, and other items used in the autoclave. Normally, it can withstand 10 autoclave cycles, up to 132°C, 30psi. It can even stand more than cycles. It comes in a variety of shapes, sizes and different quality of the material. Different labels come for dry heat, sporicidal chemicals, ethylene oxide, and wet or steam sterilization.
- Opaque Adhesive Labels are used on metal, plastics and glass surfaces and it withstands dry heat high temperatures. It is easy for identification.
- Autoclave Clear Bags with blue biohazard labeling with strong side seams to hold the materials intact during the process.
- Peel back Labels
- Color Changing Labels
Autoclave Labels are available of different reputed brands, choose one that supports your requirements and is cost-effective.