Beginner Landscape Drawing On a fundamental level, roads serve as a means of transportation, but they have also come to stand for freedom and exploration. Beginner Landscape Drawing Few things are as freeing as taking off down an open road and seeing where it leads.
Each road we travel has endless possibilities at its conclusion and learning to draw a road can help us to envision what those possibilities might be. You will adore this guide if you want to go on a road journey while sitting in your favourite chair!
Our detailed instructions on how to draw a road in 6 easy stages will inspire you to get creative!
Step By Step Drawing
- For you to draw, we’ll show a leisurely drive down a rural road in this tutorial on how to draw a road. We’ll commence with a nice tree for the roadside to get this going.
- Draw thick, rounded lines for the tree’s base and upward-pointing branches to accomplish this.
- Then, to represent the tree’s leafy top, we will draw some wavy, bumpy lines around the higher part of the tree.
- After you’ve drawn this tree, we’ll draw the scene serving as the image’s backdrop.
- To accomplish this, use a thick, curved line to represent a slope in the distance. After that, you’ll be prepared to move on to stage 2!
- Next, begin sketching the route.
- We will begin drawing the road for the second portion of your design. This process is fairly simple, but its simplicity makes it powerful!
- For now, all you need to do is draw two rounded lines over the portion of the scenery you previously sketched.
- Since this is part of the road nearest to us as viewers, these lines will be separated for now.
- Finish by adding more details to the tree trunk, so you can continue.
- Add more of the scenery and some road details.
- In this stage of our how-to sketch a road tutorial, we’ll construct the landscape and add some finer details. We will first mark the lines on the path.
- Add some long, thin rectangle shapes on the portion of the road you drew in the previous stage.
- Then, over the previous section of the landscape, create another long, curved line to represent the next hill.
- Smaller details for the tree’s leaves can be added to finish this step, and once it resembles the reference picture, you’re ready to move on to step 4.
- Next, add more roads and scenery to your drawings.
- In this stage of your road painting, you’ll enhance the scenery even more. Create more of the road by adding curved lines to the second slope.
- The lines will be closer because this part of the route is farther away. The road can have different rectangular shapes, and the slope can have a tiny bush drawn.
- To complete this stage, draw the final hill higher than the other two.
- The next section will only need to add a few last finishing touches!
- Complete your road design.
- In this stage of our how to draw a road tutorial, you can put the last segment of the road. On the last hill, merely put a few more wavy lines that are even closer together.
- Due to their distance, the lines in the middle of this section of the road will only be rendered as a series of lines rather than rectangles.
- Finish by adding a small tree to the horizon, and then don’t forget to include any unique buildings or finishing touches. How will you complete this illustration before we paint it?
- Add colour to the road sketch to complete it.
- We’ll add some stunning colours in this last stage of your road drawing. We only demonstrated one method for colouring your picture in our example image.
- We made a rectangle-shaped atmosphere above it by graduating various blue tones.
- Then, for each section of the hill, we used different tones of light and dark green, along with the bushes and leaves for the tree. We wrapped things up with some beautiful browns for the tree trunk.
- Although we settled on these hues, you could use many other choices to colour this.