Foot Pain Treatment
Your foot is involved in a lot of work throughout the day. So, it may lead to sore, painful foot at the end of the day. There can be many other reasons too such as athlete’s foot, corns, undergrown toenails, etc. or maybe a discomfort shoe but you can treat your feet by following some foot treatment formulas some of which are:
Soak Your Foot: soaking your feet in hot and cold water will help improve blood flow, which results in less pain. Fill a bowl fill of hot water and a bowl with cold water. Place your feet in cold water, after 2-3 min switch to hot water this will help get relief in pain.
Switch Your Shoes: Your shoes can be the reason for foot pain. Wearing the wrong shoes, incorrect shoe size, or beyond their life span can impact your feet. If you have flatfeet, there is a high chance of getting plantar fasciitis, which is inflammation of the tissue at the bottom of your foot.
Ice Your Feet: Applying ice or frozen water bottle to your sore feet will reduce inflammation that causes soreness in your feet. Ice the affected area for about 10-15 min for about 3-4 times a day to reduce inflammation.
Get A Foot Massage: Massaging your feet improves circulation and relieves foot pain. Sit on a chair and rub the knead and the ankle of your feet. Feet rollers are also a good option to massage your feet.
Fish Oil: fish oil contains omega-3, which is good for our nerve health and prevents foot pain. Including fish-oil or seafood in your daily routine will help decrease inflammation. Including fish oil in your regular diet decreases the frequency of pain.
Pain Relievers: Medications like ibuprofen and naproxen sodium targets pain and inflammation. Taking such medicines for a few weeks will relieve inflammation and pain.
Foot Odour Treatment
Your feet have more sweat glands compared to other parts of the body these glands produce lots of sweat throughout the day to keep your body cool. There are bacteria already present in the feet which get mixed up with the sweat and form bad odor. Here are some remedies one may follow to reduce foot odor.
Baking Soda (Sodium Bicarbonate): Baking soda has an ability to absorb moisture and odor which kills odor, causing bacteria. It also has some anti-microbial activity which prevents the formation of smelly compound.
- Make a foot spa with baking soda: Take a bucket or tub and fill it with warm water. Add about ¼ cup of baking soda.
- Soak your feet: Soak your feet for about 15 min to reduce the odor.
Lavender Oil: Lavender oil has antifungal elements which help kill bacteria.
- Rubbing a few drops on your feet before bed and covering your feet overnight with socks kills the bad odor.
Epsom Salt: Epson salt is a great neutralizing foot odor. It contains magnesium, sulfates, and also is anti-inflammatory.
- Take a bucket fill the bucket with 1 liter of water for one tablespoon Epson salt.
- After the solution is set, soak your feet in the solution for about 15 to 20 min.
- If you feel there is still smell you need to add more Epson salt to your spa.
Vinegar Mix: Vinegar mix will dry the bacteria which causes foot odor and neutralize the smell.
- Mix one tablespoon of vinegar to half bucket of warm water in a bucket.
- Soak your feet for half an hour.
- You need to repeat this every day at least for a week.
- Apple cider vinegar is the best option.
Black Tea: Black tea is a natural antioxidant and also contains tannic acid .which kills bacteria and closes the pores to help your feet sweat less.
- Boil two tea bags in two cups of water for 15-20 min.
- Remove the tea bags and dilute the tea with 2 liters of water.
- Let the mixture cool down, and then soak your feet for 20-30 min.
Antibiotic Ointment: Antibiotic ointment will remove the bacteria with Three weeks.
- Cleaning your feet and rubbing with an ointment before going to bed and cover your feet with socks.
- In the morning, the bacteria will be gone.
Tea Tree Oil: Tea tree oil has anti-fungal and antiseptic properties.
- Apply tea tree oil directly to the foot and let it soak overnight.
- Repeat daily.
Odor Eater Foot Spray
Rather than this, there are many foot sprays available in market one of which is odor eaters foot spray. Odor eaters foot spray is a good option as it prevents athletes foot, gives lasting protection. Odor eaters foot spray also has tolnaftate antifungal properties.