As the name implies Diablo 2 armor refers to the protected items that are worn on the chest. These are very valuable items in Diablo 2, which is widely regarded as one of the greatest video games ever made. They are heavily sought-after by diablo 2 players because they have a huge bearing on how the character looks.
Diablo 2 armor also provide a lot more protection than items on other slots.
What are the different features of diablo 2 armor?
There are many types of diablo 2 armor and all of them have their different and unique looks. There is diablo 2 armor for every class and all of them have a combination of the three types for every limb. The three types being light, medium and heavy. Most diablo 2 armor sets look exactly the same with only one difference between them.
Diablo 2 armor can have as many as four sockets. Armor in diablo 2 can have its drawbacks as well with heavier armor learned to drain stamina a lot quicker than other armor.
Diablo 2 armor is important because sometimes even the best of warriors can’t evade a weapon blow and the armor is the only thing protecting them from injuries. Diablo 2 armor can be considered as anything worn by a player which is designed to protect and defend against attacks.
There are different types of armor in diablo 2 such as linen rags to hardened leather tunics to heavy plate armor, which is widely considered as the strongest armor, warriors can wear.
Let’s have a look at the different types of Diablo 2 armor
There are diablo 2 armor in different categories and let’s have a look at them.
- Normal Armor :- These are Quilted Armor, Leather Armor, Hard Leather Armor, Studded Leather Armor, Ring Mail, Scale Mail, Breast Plate, Chain Mail, Splint Mail, Light Plate, Field Plate, Plate Mail, Gothic Plate, Full Plate, Ancient Armor.
- Exceptional Armor : These are Ghost Armor, Serpentskin Armor, Demonhide Armor, Trellised Armor, Linked Mail, Tigulated Mail, Cuirass, Mesh Armor, Russet Armor, Mage Plate, Templar Coat, Sharktooth Armor, Embossed Plate, Chaos Armor and Ornate Armor.
- Elite Armor :- Elite Armor is considered top-of-the-line. They do not however exist in Diablo II, they only exist in the expansion. Further, they are only dropped by monsters late in Hell or Nightmare. These are Dusk Shroud, Wyrmhide, Scarab Husk, Wire Fleece, Diamond Mail, Loricated Mail, Great Hauberk, Boneweave, Balrog Skin, Archon Plate, Hellforge Plate, Kraken Shell, Lacquered Plate, Shadow Plate and Sacred Armor.
- Unique Armor :- Now we come to rare and unique diablo 2 armor. They are Greyform Quilted Armor, Blinkbat’s Form Leather Armor, The Centurion Hard Leather Armor, Twitchthroe Studded Leather, Darkglow Ring Mail, Hawkmail Scale Mail, Venom Ward Breast Plate, Sparkling Mail Chain Mail, Iceblink Splint Mail, Heavenly Gard Light Plate, Boneflesh Plate Mail, Rockfleece Field Plate, Rattlecage Gothic Plate, Goldskin Full Plate Mail and Silk of the Victor Ancient Armor.
- Exceptional Unique Armor :- Now we come to the exceptional unique diablo 2 armor. It looks just like normal armor, but comes with a lot higher Clvl and Str requirements. Further, it is found only in Nightmare or Hell in Diablo 2. If you want to find it in the expansion, then you can try your luck in Act 4 and Act 5, where sometimes they are dropped depending on Monster levels.
- They are The Spirit Shroud Ghost Armor, The Skin of the Vipermagi Serpentskin Armor, Skin of the Flayed One Demonhide Armor, Iron Pelt Trellised Armor, Spirit Forge Linked Mail, Crow Caw Tigulated Mail, Duriel’s Shell Cuirass, Shaftstop Mesh Armor, Skullder’s Ire Russet Armor, Que-Hegan’s Wisdom Mage Plate, Guardian Angel Templar Coat, Toothrow Sharktooth Armor, Atma’s Wail Embossed Plate, Black Hades Chaos Armor and Corpsemourn Ornate Armor.
- Elite Unique Armor :- Now we come to the rarest of the rare and the most unique, elite and exclusive diablo 2 armor. They are Ormus’ Robes Dusk Shroud, The Gladiator’s Bane Wire Fleece, Arkaine’s Valor Balrog Skin, Leviathan Kraken Shell, Steel Carapace Shadow Plate, Templar’s Might Sacred Armor, Tyrael’s Might Sacred Armor.