According to a report by Mordor Intelligence, the telemedicine industry will be worth more than $66 billion by the year 2021.
Dr. Dipak Nandi, a telemedicine consultant, said, “Telemedicine is a growing industry with a bright future. The technological advancement is reducing response time and helping to make patient care smart and agile, implementing a better chance at recovery.”
In fact, here are few statistics of Telemedicine, helping you to understand better.
- More than 50% of all U.S. healthcare organizations offer a telemedicine program
- While the rest percentage of the healthcare organizations have already started working on a telemedicine program
- Telemedicine now accounts for almost 25% of the health IT market
- Improvement in the quality of patient care has been claimed by more than 50% of healthcare organizations
- About 55% of the patients declared that Telemedicine increased their involvement in their own treatment decisions
Impact of Telemedicine it has in the healthcare industry:
An increase in the percentage from 2015 to 2018 has been noticed. 69% of physicians indicated a willingness to try Telemedicine according to American Well’s Telehealth Index: 2019 Physician Survey. This is because of the cost-effective platform with easy access to remote people or to those without physicians. Reducing the administrative task that is otherwise caused, Telemedicine has fewer administrative hassles. It can be documented while conducting the visit, thus helping in saving a lot of time for everyone too. Providing the convenience of conversing with a trained medical specialist while you are still in your pajamas, the telemedicine platform has lesser reimbursement issues.
What made Telemedicine so successful today:
Along with being comfortable and convenient, the telemedicine platform has enjoyed success mostly due to the increased customer satisfaction numbers. Saving a lot of time and money for the physicians and patients, Telemedicine has the advantage of getting treatments right from the comfort of home.