Commercial properties need regular cleaning and maintenance because they tend to see a lot of wear and tear on a daily basis. In such cases, a day porter service is ideal for the job. In the absence of proper and regular cleaning, the building will be a gathering place for dirt, grime, cobwebs, streaky windows, trash, peeling paint, and stinky restrooms. Customers and friends will insist you meet them outside the office to avoid picking up some illness from the unhygienic surroundings in your office building. A ‘porter’ is the solution to your problem by ensuring the property is clean and safe.
Your property’s value will drop when people find it crumbling in disrepair. In order to ensure the cleanliness and maintenance of your building – find yourself a good day porter service. A day porter is a good fit for a variety of business and commercial properties like malls, stores, hotels, offices, and other public buildings.
Day porters are used to working in office and commercial areas with a heavy footfall. They are adept at cleaning and trash removal along with painting and minor repairs for the general upkeep of their location.
Some porter services only send a person who will keep the front doors clean and maintain the hygiene of the restrooms.
When hiring a day porter service to ensure the individuals are courteous, punctual and reliable. They should be very presentable since they will be visible to everyone visiting your property. Ensure the porters fit all of your needs. Ask for referrals and recommendations from other properties that are a similar size as yours and in the same area.
Let’s take a quick look at the duties of a porter service:
- Cleaning trash and removing litter
- Disinfecting areas
- Restroom cleaning and maintenance
- Cleaning windows and exterior of the building
To ensure your day porter can maintain the standards you have in mind, they should be very familiar with the following:
- Current cleaning techniques and trends
- Full knowledge of how to sanitize and deep clean
- Be able to clean and keep the office space safe without disrupting day-to-day operations
- Stocked with the latest cleaning equipment and eco-friendly detergents
- Be aware of which items need to be replaced around the property
- Be experts at general maintenance and upkeep of the property
To give you a clearer picture of whether you need a day porter service or not, let’s take a look at some of the benefits:
- Improve the appearance of your facility – a day porter can keep your property neat and clean. This will ensure people will walk away with the right impression whether they are your staff or a customer.
- Maintain building safety – a day porter will over a period of time become familiar with the entire property. They can then keep a track of anything that needs to be changed or repaired. Apart from this, they can ensure that there is no dust build-up that is affecting the air quality of your property.
- Improve employee satisfaction – a facility that is clean will have a positive impact on your staff and will lead to higher levels of employee satisfaction thereby improving their performance. It will also mean that they will be more willing to spend extra hours when required.
- Save money – with a day porter ensuring the cleanliness of the facility during working hours, you will not need to hire a cleaning crew to work after hours.
Now that we have covered everything you need to keep in mind before hiring a porter service – it should be easier to decide whether your business will actually benefit from their services.