CBD is a popular choice for many people these days. People consume it regularly through different modes. After the legalization of CBD in several states, its popularity grew immensely. This is why you can find CBD and its products everywhere now. One of the most common products is CBD oil.
What is CBD oil?
CBD means cannabidiol. It is obtained from cannabis and hemp. CBD doesn’t contain THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) in it which is an element of marijuana. THC is famous for its psychoactive properties that cause you to feel “high”. People who live with chronic conditions such as pain, anxiety, or nausea are well aware of the existence of CBD.
CBD Topicals for Dogs
The uses of CBD for humans are well-known but very few people know about its benefits for dogs. CBD is available in topical form for dogs to treat their pain, anxiety, and control seizures and other neurological disorders. The topical form is a good choice for giving a daily dose of CBD to your dog considering its numerous benefits. But do you want to know what are these benefits?
CBD Oil Topical Benefits
- Reduces Anxiety: Some dogs suffer from the problem of anxiety, arthritis, and noise phobia. CBD can help you to rid your dog with these problems. It proves effective for treating panic disorders and anxiety.
- Relieves Pain: CBD is becoming a popular choice to treat chronic pain. It is very effective at controlling and reducing nerve-related pain, inflammation in acute pancreatitis, and intestinal inflammation.
- Increases Appetite: If your dog troubles you a lot for having its food, then CBD can help you out. Studies have reported that CBD increases appetite in dogs. CBD can also control the problem of vomiting and nausea in dogs which is commonly caused by toxins and drugs.
How to Choose the best CBD oil for Dogs?
All CBD oils are not equally good so you need to assure that you buy a good quality CBD oil. Look for the below things in it:
- Organic Product: Make sure you buy the organic CBD oil for your dog. If it isn’t organic, it might include pesticides, fungicides, or solvents in it which are not good for the long-term health of your dog.
- Expensive: High-quality often comes at high prices. So don’t hesitate to buy good-quality CBD oil only because of its high price. Ensure that the oil contains a high amount of cannabidiol in it but no added additives.
- Analysis: You can go through a lab analysis test to check the amount of CBD present in a given CBD oil. Many CBD oil contains a lower amount of CBD which is not so beneficial. So while purchasing it, make sure you ask the manufacturer to provide you a certificate of analysis. Also, ensure the absence of THC in the oil.
- CBD in Tincture: You can buy CBD in different forms but it is best suited in the tincture form. In this way, you can customize the dose of CBD for your dog to increase its effects.
Potential Side-Effects of CBD for Dogs:
There are no accurate data about the positive or side-effects of CBD for Dogs. However, there are a few possible changes that you might observe in your dog after giving it CBD topically. To avoid these effects, you must give a proper dose to your dog.
- Low Blood Pressure: A high dose of CBD can cause a low blood pressure problem in your dog temporarily. Although the drop would be marginal your dog might feel light-headed.
- Dry Mouth: According to researches conducted by professionals, CBD can decrease the production of saliva in your dog. This will make your dog feel thirsty most of the time.
- Drowsiness: Many times, dog owners use CBD to treat the anxiety of their dogs. CBD helps to control it and provides relaxation to your dog. But with it causes a feeling of drowsiness in your dog. The intensity of drowsiness increases with a high dose.