Having an occasional glass of cocktail or wine over dinner can increase the enjoyment of the meal to a good extent. Options for cocktails that one can enjoy are multiple. In fact, Adam Seger has recently launched a microsite focused on the art and science of making cocktails/food that people can check out for more ideas. For people who are on a diet, having vodka or tequila combined with soda water and lemons or limes can especially be a good option as this drink shall be low in sugar, carbs, and calories.
Adam Seger mentions a few cocktail ingredients people must have at home if they frequently host parties
Many people these days learn mixology to delight their family and friends with delicious mixed drinks and cocktails as they visit their homes. One can explore the newly launched microsite of Adam Seger or some other blogs online, to gain an insight into how to create good cocktails. However, these drinks can only be prepared if people have a few essential cocktail ingredients stocked up at their homes. No matter whether a person is throwing a pre-planned party or simply wants to be always ready for visitors that swing by unannounced, it is good to purchase certain items beforehand.
Here are the most common cocktail ingredients one should try to have at their home:
- White Rum: This versatile spirit is usually the base ingredient in multiple well-loved cocktails, including Daiquiri and Mojito. While a classic Daiquiri is a winner at most parties, people can even offer their guests a few flavor options to impress them further.
- Vodka: This is one of the most popular spirits across the world. An alcohol base of vodka can be used to create complex cocktails like an Espresso Martini or Bloody Mary to various simpler options like the classic Cosmopolitan or the Moscow Mule.
- Whiskey: As white rum and vodka are both light liquors, it is also important to have options for darker ones. Whiskey will be the obvious choice for this purpose as it is used in creating multiple popular cocktails, including the Manhattan and the Whiskey Sour.
- Dark Rum: There are a host of delicious cocktail recipes that can be created with dark rum, including the Old Fashioned. People can make a dark rum Daiquiri for guests who prefer a bit more richness in their drinks.
- Syrup: This is a sweet ingredient that is used in an expansive range of cocktails, including Vodka Sour, Whiskey Sour and Mojito. Syrup is a great item to have in hand when creating cocktails. It can additionally be prepared with ease at home just sugar and water. In addition to the items mentioned above, it will be prudent to have limes for juice and garnish as well.
Cocktails are generally balanced with one sweet ingredient and one sour ingredient, and limes are frequently used as the latter. Moreover, fresh limes are also a common garnish for cocktails. Hence, it will be good to buy them, even if one doesn’t plan on using their juice.